- Platform & Services
- Our Products
- About AES
How to Conduct a Technical SEO Audit
“61% of digital marketers state that SEO is the major focus of inbound marketing.”
A technical SEO audit is a process performed to check the technical aspects of a website’s SEO. Generally, it checks the health of a website and bugs that need to be fixed.
The following technical SEO audit helps to enhance the user experience of a website and rank better in Google search engine results page.
1) Begin with a crawl – Use tools like SEMrush, DeepCrawl, or Spyfu to start with the crawling of your website. It helps to find errors such as poor images, bad keywords, page title issues, and broken links. The crawlers also help in identifying indexation restrictions, duplicate content, unlinked pages, and more.
2) Create a sitemap – A sitemap is highly important to discover new pages and understand the structure of the website. Sitemaps should be registered in Google Search Console with clean, concise, and up-to-date content.
3) Inspect your website browsability versions – Make sure to check that only one of the versions of your website is browseable.
4) Conduct on-page SEO checks – The key criteria that Google evaluates in their rankings are page titles and title tags, Meta descriptions, and keywords.
5) Manage links and test site speed – Check the internal and external links for a logical hierarchy in your website. If your website takes 5 seconds to load, the probability of your customer bounce increases by 90%. Hence, it is very essential to check for your website speed and performance against other websites.
6) Check for HTTPS content – “70% of the Google search results on the 1st page are HTTPS.” The common HTTPS issues such as mixed content, links, redirects, and canonicals should be checked in the technical SEO audit.
7) Leverage analytics to compare site metrics – Analytics service is used to report live metric data. Google Analytics helps to check your bounce rate as well as compare metrics with the MozBar.
8) Perform a backlink audit – Backlinks are critical for the success of your website. Backlink audits help you to identify the areas for high-value links, check the number of backlinks of your competitors, and check out the keywords of competitors.
9) Re-crawl the website – Once the issues identified in the technical SEO audit are fixed, Google will re-crawl the website if requested.
An efficient technical SEO is critical for the success of an SEO strategy. The internal linking and website loads should be done perfectly to obtain a technically optimized website. The technical parameters should be tested frequently for errors and misconceptions so that they can be spotted and rectified quickly.
Get a technically strong website from us to rank better in search results!!
AES Technologies offers effective search engine optimization (SEO) services that help businesses to enhance the performance of websites and drive more organic traffic.
Know more about us… https://www.advanceecomsolutions.com/contact-us/